While we cruise through this holiday period, preparing for the academic year ahead, I thought it would be nice to put some time aside and take stock of some of the highlights achieved at Teacher Dashboard.
With so many options to pick from, my personal favourites (in no particular order) include:
- TD Exhibiting at the BETT show, and speaking with over 2000 visitors across the 4 days;
- redesigning Student Dashboard to provide a smoother workflow and simple feedback tracker;
- modifying assignments for teachers to allow tracking of student progress within an assignment and feedback timeline;
- building interactive demonstrations and instructions for assignments, set up and user management;
- introducing student progress bars and files 'ready to be collected' indicators;
- rolling out 'Smart' assignment bulk collection and bulk return actions to only pick up work that is ready to be marked;
- adding an Anonymous Assessment option to protect markers and students from bias accusations;
- releasing Windows 10 apps for both Teacher Dashboard and Student Dashboard;
- having these apps featured in the device bar on the Microsoft Stand at ISTE as 'Apps for the Modern Classroom';
- expanding internal assignment oversight and cross checking by adding the role of 'Verifier', which allows read only access to all assignments set across a school.
- providing editing opportunities to active assignments, so due dates can be extended and instructions can be clarified on assignments that are in progress;
- streamlining all BTEC assignments with an auto-populated BTEC marking framework, which (to quote one of our colleges) "is such a time saver, I'm speechless".
But we're not done yet, and I can't wait to tell you about the features we have coming over the next few months, so check back soon.